Amber Alert Ends: Boy Found Safe

Eriberto Perez was taken from his Palatine home Thursday evening

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    Eriberto Perez, William Cruz

    An Illinois Amber Alert ended shortly before 10 p.m. Friday with an 8-year-old boy recovered and his alleged abductor arrested.

    An alert Illinois State Police officer noticed the vehicle mentioned in the Amber Alert and pulled over the driver within the city limits. William Cruz, the live-in boyfriend of the boy's mother, was arrested, said Master Sergeant Marshall Harris.

    Mother Tearfully Pleads for Sons Return

    [CHI] Mother Tearfully Pleads for Sons Return
    An Amber Alert was issued Friday after Eriberto Perez was taken from his Palatine home by his mother's live-in boyfriend, police said. William Cruz had asked the 8-year-old boy's mother, Erika Rivera, to take him to the grocery store for donuts, but didn't come home.

    Eriberto Perez appeared to be OK, said Palatine police Sgt. Dave Daigle, but was taken to an area hospital to be checked. Cruz was transported to the Palatine Police Department where charges were expected to be filed.

    Perez was taken from his Palatine home Thursday evening. His mother, Erika Rivera, said Cruz took Perez down the street to a Jewel grocery store. After shopping, Cruz called Rivera and said he was heading into the city. Rivera asked Cruz to return her son, but he didn't comply and shut off his cellphone.

    "I want him back in my life, in my house, with his brothers," Rivera said through tears Friday night before she was given word that her son had been found.

    The Amber Alert was issued Friday afternoon.