Four Ill After CO Leak

A hazmat team was called to an Englewood home because of high carbon monoxide levels.

By Alise Blunk
|  Monday, Nov 14, 2011  |  Updated 1:00 PM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Four Ill After CO Leak

Four people were taken to the hospital Sunday night after high carbon monoxide levels were reported in their Englewood home.

The 52-year-old woman, 22-year-old man and two children were taken to Holy Cross Hospital in fair-to-serious conditions, according to Fire Media Affairs.

A Level 1 Hazmat team was called to the 7100 block of South Winchester Avenue at 11:35 p.m., Fire Media Affairs reported, because of high carbon monoxide levels.

Carbon monoxide levels of 1,000 parts-per-million were recorded inside the home, about 20 times the recommended limit, a spokesman told the Chicago Tribune.

A generator was operating in the basement, and the residents did not have electricity, said Fire Media Affairs.
 

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get Our Weather App
Stay ahead of the storm with the NBC... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out