Boy Playing With Lighter Severely Burns Babysitter

By Zach Christman
|  Sunday, Nov 8, 2009  |  Updated 9:00 AM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Boy Playing With Lighter Severely Burns Babysitter

John Marcucci

File image

advertisement

A woman babysitting several children was severely burned when a boy she was caring for set a fire in the home Saturday night.

The 25-year-old woman was asleep when the boy, who was playing with a lighter, started a fire inside the home in the 10700 block of South Edbrooke Avenue, the Tribune reported.

When the fire started to spread, the boy ran out of the room and didn't tell the sleeping woman, but he did tell his downstairs neighbors, who called for help.

Firefighters quickly put out the flames, and emergency crews rushed the woman to Advocate Christ Medical Center. She was listed in critical condition, fire officials told the Trib. None of the children were hurt.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get Our Weather App
Stay ahead of the storm with the NBC 5... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out