These days, any job is a good job.
But what about great jobs?
It was an "exclusive list of the top 100 places to work."
The Tribune teamed up with Workplace Dynamics, a firm that specializes in workplace surveys, to conduct an engagement survey of employers and employees across the Chicago-area to determine what are the employer gems of the region.
The results for the Top 100 company were divided into 3 sections (large, medium, and small employers) and further research into the companies showed they were hiring.
The top three employers to work for in a large company with 1,000 or more employees:
- WMS Industries- A gaming company located in Waukegan (Available Jobs)
- Macy's - Famous department store that took over State Street (Hiring for Seasonal Employment and Available Jobs)
- Hyatt Regency Chicago- Hotel chain based in Chicago (Job Search Website)
Top three employers to work for in a medium company with 250 to 999 employees:
- Groupon- The Daily deal website with roots in Chicago (Available Jobs)
- Rasmussen College - Educational institution with online and local campuses across the country (Available Jobs in Chicago)
- Edward Jones- Financial Services (Job Search Website)
Top three employers to work for in a small company with 250 or less employees:
- Model Metrics Inc. - A technology consulting company based in Chicago (Available Jobs)
- Coyote Logisitics- A privately owned transportation Company based in Lake Forrest (Internships and Available Job)
- Transwestern- A real estate company based in Houston, TX (Available Job in Naperville)
For more about the other 91 companies and the entire study see the full report in the Chicago Tribune.