100 Great Places to Work in Chicago
Chicago Tribune surveys employees and employers across Chicago to generate the list
Job seekers wait on line to see potential employers at the Diversity Job Fair in New York.
These days, any job is a good job.
But what about great jobs?
A new list, out Monday from the Chicago Tribune, details Chicago's Top 100 Workplaces.
It was an "exclusive list of the top 100 places to work."
The Tribune teamed up with Workplace Dynamics, a firm that specializes in workplace surveys, to conduct an engagement survey of employers and employees across the Chicago-area to determine what are the employer gems of the region.
The results for the Top 100 company were divided into 3 sections (large, medium, and small employers) and further research into the companies showed they were hiring.
The top three employers to work for in a large company with 1,000 or more employees:
- WMS Industries- A gaming company located in Waukegan (Available Jobs)
- Macy's - Famous department store that took over State Street (Hiring for Seasonal Employment and Available Jobs)
- Hyatt Regency Chicago- Hotel chain based in Chicago (Job Search Website)
Top three employers to work for in a medium company with 250 to 999 employees:
- Groupon- The Daily deal website with roots in Chicago (Available Jobs)
- Rasmussen College - Educational institution with online and local campuses across the country (Available Jobs in Chicago)
- Edward Jones- Financial Services (Job Search Website)
Top three employers to work for in a small company with 250 or less employees:
- Model Metrics Inc. - A technology consulting company based in Chicago (Available Jobs)
- Coyote Logisitics- A privately owned transportation Company based in Lake Forrest (Internships and Available Job)
- Transwestern- A real estate company based in Houston, TX (Available Job in Naperville)
For more about the other 91 companies and the entire study see the full report in the Chicago Tribune.