Report: Zac Efron Exits 'Footloose' Remake
Monday, Mar 23, 2009 Updated at 10:00 AM CDT
Zac Efron's dancing days could be over – at least when it comes to remake of "Footloose."
According to TheWrap.com, Zac has quit Paramount's "Footloose," a remake of the 1984 Kevin Bacon movie. Zac reportedly told the studio that he's not interested in doing another musical right now.
VIEW THE PHOTOS: Zac Efron
"People had been working on this project since last July — we were all shocked," a movie source told the Web site.
A rep for the studio could not reached when contacted by the TheWrap.com.
VIEW THE PHOTOS: Vanessa Hudgens: From 'High School' Sweetheart To Hollywood Hottie!
Zac will next be seen in "17 Again."
Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
VIEW THE PHOTOS: Young Hollywood
PLAY IT NOW: 2009 Oscars Governor's Ball: Zac Efron & Vanessa Hudgens
PLAY IT NOW: Young Hollywood In Love
MORE ACCESS ON THESE TOPICS: Zac Efron - Young Hollywood - Celebrities - Movies
Copyright Access Hollywood