Fleet Feet Sports is a great resource for all things running, and their Good Form Clinics return in the new year almost weekly.
According to their website, the top three reasons you might be exerting more energy and risking injury are overstriding, heel striking, and bad posture.
If you're worried you might be doing any of these, or just want to get some insight into your form, stop by their 60 minute clinic at all three locations to learn the four steps of good form (posture, midfoot, cadence, and lean).
You'll also practice running drills and receive individual video analysis of your current form.
January Clinic Dates:
- Saturday, January 4th - 3:00 p.m. at Old Town (1620 N. Wells St)
- Saturday, January 12th - 9:30 a.m. at South Loop (150 W. Roosevelt Rd)
- Saturday, January 18th - 3:00 p.m. at Lincoln Square (4762 N. Lincoln Ave)
February Clinic Dates:
- Saturday, February 1st - 3:00 p.m. at Old Town
- Sunday, February 9th - 9:30 a.m. at South Loop
- Sunday, February 16th - 3:00 p.m. at Lincoln Square
- Sunday, February 23rd - 9:30 a.m. at South Loop