The weekend brought surprising reports about Groupon founders Eric Lefkofsky and Brad Keywell considering buying the iconic Wrigley building.
Meanwhile, Groupon news keeps humming along as the company contemplates going head-to-head with Amazon. Small businesses are learning how to profit from Groupon customers. The answer? Retaining them.
- What's next, Groupon Field? Groupon founders are “in talks” to buy the Wrigley Building. (Crain’s)
- Groupon may give Amazon a run for its money with Groupon Goods. (Tech Crunch)
- How small businesses are making better, more effective use of daily deals. (Wall Street Journal)
- The media hasn't let go: Groupon’s potential troubles go deeper than its accounting methods. (Ad Age)
- Other parts of the world – like Russia – have a booming daily deal scene too. (Financial Times)
- Today’s Deal: $17 for Fireworks Paddle, Historic Chicago Tour, or Sunset Paddle at Urban Kayak.