Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for the latest on J'Marcus Webb's pay cut, rookies on the offensive linemen and your fantasy football team.
- J'Marcus Webb will likely be demoted to the second string. His pay has taken a hit, too. Webb took a cut in base pay, but he can earn it back through incentives. (Chicago Tribune)
- Will the Bears open the season with rookie linemen Jordan Mills and Kyle Long? It's been done before. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Matt Blanchard's injury means the Bears needed to take a look at some other possible quarterbacks. They signed Jordan Palmer, Carson's brother. (ESPN Chicago)
- Palmer's not the only arm they signed. Veteran quarterback Trent Edwards was also given a deal. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Mel Tucker had a tough job: taking over the Bears' effective defense but not screwing it up. So far, it's been a seamless transition. (Chicago Tribune)
- Marc Trestman is turning out to be the exact coach the Bears expected. He's not a firebrand, but not quite as stoic as Lovie. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- There is still time to think about your fantasy football team. Will you draft Matt Forte? (Roto Arcade)