New Bears GM Phil Emery made a splash on the first day of free agency.
Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Bears news. Read on for news about Phil Emery's big day, the Brandon Marshall trade, other key signings, and a big target Chicago could still pursue.
- In one day, Phil Emery announced his presence with authority. (ESPN NFC North)
- Emery's moves closed gaps with the Packers and the Lions. (CSN Chicago)
- Read how Bears reacted to the Marshall trade over Twitter. (ESPN Chicago)
- Special teams got a boost as the Bears signed veteran linebacker Blake Costanzo. (Chicago Tribune)
- Chicago could still make a run at Mario Williams. (ESPN Chicago)
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations