Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Bears news.
- A group of influential NFL owners, including the Patriots' Bob Kraft and the Cowboys' Jerry Jones, were flown by their private jets into DuPage County Airport to meet with the commissioner. Tsk, tsk, owners. Didn't you ever learn that secrets, secrets are no fun? Secrets, secrets hurt someone? (Chicago Tribune)
- Corey Wootton is "trying to be optimistic" about the end of the lockout. (CSN Chicago)
- Israel Idonije expects the Bears to be ready as soon as it's their turn to play. (Chicago Tribune)
- Jump into the DeLorean and go back to 1929 to watch highlights of Bears vs. Cardinals. (Windy City Gridiron)
- Pop Warner named the Bears their team of the year, and Matt Forte was given the Inspiration Award. (ChicagoBears.com)
- A Redskins fan had the team's logo painted onto a tooth. Bears fans, let's make a pact to never, ever be this weird. (Mr. Irrelevant)