NFL lawyer Jeff Pash (L), NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and Art Rooney II (R), president of the Pittsburgh Steelers arrive for court ordered mediation at the U.S. Courthouse on May 17, 2011 in Minneapolis, Minn.
Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, and a happy birthday to Bears lineback Pisa Tinoisamoa. Tweet your birthday greetings to @pisatinoisamoa.
- Today is also the league's deadline for making a labor deal so that the pre-season won't be affected. Progress is being made. (NFL)
- Jay Cutler and Chad Ochocinco both like football and v-neck T-shirts. (Twitter)
- If you have about $1.07 billion, you can buy the Bears. That's what Forbes values the franchise at, making it 14th among all pro franchises. (Chicago Tribune)
- Rookie lineman Gabe Carimi is preparing to line up at left or right tackle. (ESPN Chicago)
- Just try to look at this picture of Chris Harris and his new baby and not say, "Awwww." Can't do it. (Twitter)
Follow Grizzly Detail on Twitter for plenty of labor updates throughout the day, and weekend, if needed.
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations