City officials on Friday afternoon released a list of 50 locations that will have speed enforcement cameras by the end of the year.
The first batch of four cameras went up on Monday, the first day of classes for Chicago Public Schools students. Another eight camera were scheduled to be installed in September.
Fifty additional cameras will be installed by the end of the year near the following locations:
- Abbott Park, 49 E. 95th St.
- Bogan Tech High School, 3939 W. 79th St.
- Burr Elementary School, 1621 W. Wabansia Ave.
- Challenger Park, 1100 W. Irving Park Rd.
- Chicago Agricultural High School, 3807 W. 111th St.
- Christopher Elementary School, 5042 S. Artesian Ave.
- Columbus Park, 500 S. Central Ave.
- Curie High School, 4959 S. Archer Ave.
- Douglas Park, 1401 S. Sacramento Ave.
- Frances Xavier Warde School, 751 N. State St.
- Gage Park, 2415 W. 55th St.
- Garfield Park, 100 N. Central Park Dr.
- Gompers Park, 4222 W. Foster Ave.
- Hancock Elementary School, 4034 W. 56th St.
- Harvard Elementary School, 7525 S. Harvard Ave.
- Horan Park, 3035 W. Van Buren St.
- Horner Park, 2741 W. Montrose Ave.
- Humboldt Park, 1400 N. Humboldt Dr.
- Icci Academy, 6435 W. Belmont Ave.
- Jefferson Park, 4822 N. Long Ave.
- Jones High School, 606 S. State St.
- Lane Tech High School, 2501 W. Addison St.
- Legion Park, 3100 W. Bryn Mawr Ave.
- Lorca Elementary School, 3231 N. Springfield Ave.
- Major Taylor Park, 970 W. 115th St.
- Marquette Park, 6734 S. Kedzie Ave.
- McGuane Park, 2901 S. Poplar Ave.
- McKinley Park, 2210 W. Pershing Rd.
- Merrimac Park, 6343 W. Irving Park Rd.
- Morgan Park High School, 1744 W. Pryor Ave.
- Ogden Park, 429 N. Columbus Dr.
- Orr High School, 730 N. Pulaski Rd.
- Park 499, 3925 E. 104th St.
- Parsons Park, 4701 W. Belmont Ave.
- Pickard Elementary School, 2301 W. 21St Pl.
- Portage Park, 4100 N. Long Ave.
- Prosser Vocational High School, 2148 N. Long Ave.
- Riis Park, 6100 W. Fullerton Ave.
- Roberto Clemente High School, 1147 N. Western Ave.
- Rosenblum Park, 2000 E. 75th St.
- Sauganash Elementary School, 6040 N. Kilpatrick Ave.
- Schaefer Park, 2415 N. Marshfield Ave.
- Senn Park, 5887 N. Ridge Ave.
- Sherman Park, 1307 W. 52nd St.
- St. Genevieve School, 4854 W. Montana St.
- St. Rita High School, 7740 S. Western Ave.
- Union Park, 1501 W. Randolph St.
- Warren Elementary School, 9239 S. Jeffery Ave.
- Washington Park, 5531 S. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr.
- Welles Park, 2333 W. Sunnyside Ave.
Drivers will receive warnings for the first 30 days after a camera is activated in any specific "safety zone" around a school or park. After that, drivers will be fined $35 for travelling 6 to 10 miles per hour over the posted speed limit, and $100 for travelling 11 or more miles over the posted speed limit.
Enforcement times will be limited to 7 a.m.-7 p.m. on weekdays in school zones, with a 20 mph speed limist from from 7 a.m.-4 p.m. when children are present, and a 30 mph speed limit from 4-7 p.m. A 30 mph speed limit will be enforced from 6 a.m.-11 p.m. every day of the week in park zones
Revenue generated by the program will be invested in safety initiatives including afterschool programs, anti-violence and jobs programs; crossing guards and police officers around schools; and infrastructure improvements, such as signs, crosswalk markings and other traffic safety improvements, the Chicago Department of Transportation said in a release.