Both Chicagoist and Gapers Block reported Tuesday that the beloved, original Lincoln Park location of the Goose Island Brewery will remain open long past its original Dec. 21 closing date. According to a Sun Times article Wednesday, we can thank the slow economy for the brewpub's opportunity to resign their lease which expires at the end of the year.
Whatever the reason, we have 10 reasons of our own why we're psyched Goose Island Brewery on Clybourn is staying open.
10. With all due respect to the Wrigleyville location, this one is the original, open since 1988.
9. Baked pretzels, paired with a brew or five.
8. The legendary Stilton burger. Enough said.
7. Goose chips. We don't know exactly how these are seasoned, but they are delish.
6. Brewery tours and tastings – fun on a Sunday.
5. Honkers Ale
4. 312 Urban Wheat
3. Imperial IPA
2. Goose Island Summertime. Year 'round.
1. It's a Chicago landmark, really – and now that we've had the scare that it might be gone, we're happy that we woke up from this terrible dream. Cheers, Goose Island.