Seven people were been killed and at least 29 others wounded in weekend shootings across Chicago.
Two people were killed and another critically hurt in what police said was a domestic-related shooting in Roseland late Sunday.
The incident happened just before 10 p.m. on the 400 block of West 104th Street, police said.
James Sterling, 37, who lived on the same block as the shooting, and 29-year-old Amy Holmes-Sterling, of the 300 block of East 53rd Street, were both pronounced dead at the scene at 10:26 p.m., according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office. A 26-year-old woman whose name was not released was shot in the shoulder and taken in critical condition to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn.
Police said the two women were related and that the shooting was domestic-related.
A man was shot and killed early Sunday in the Humboldt Park neighborhood on the West Side.
Police found 26-year-old Kardeon Glover, of the 4100 block of West Grenshaw, with a gunshot wound to the head on the sidewalk in the 900 block of North Karlov about 1:15 a.m., authorities said. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
A police source said the man had gang affiliations.
Two people were killed and a third was wounded in a shooting Saturday night in Logan Square.
The three people were in a vehicle in the 2300 block of North Springfield at 11:45 p.m. when someone walked up and opened fire, police said. The vehicle then struck several parked cars.
Jason Seballos, 16, was shot in the back and cheek and taken to Illinois Masonic, where he was pronounced dead. Damian Rodriguez, 21, was shot in the head and also taken to Masonic, where he was pronounced dead.
An 18-year-old man was shot in the finger and taken to Norwegian, where he was listed in good condition, police said.
A drive-by early Saturday claimed the life of 16-year-old girl who police said wasn't the gunman's intended target and who family members described as a straight-A student with dreams of becoming a forensic scientist.
On Friday, a 25-year-old man was shot to death a block from Chicago Police Department Headquarters in the city’s Bronzeville neighborhood.
The man was found unresponsive with a gunshot wound to the abdomen in the 3500 block of South Indiana at around 11:35 p.m.
Authorities said someone walked up and fired shots at him before fleeing the scene.
Other weekend shootings:
- Authorities said a juvenile boy was shot in the chest just before 5 p.m. Sunday in the 700 block of East 50th Place. The boy was taken in serious condition to Stroger Hospital. Details surrounding the shooting were not immediately available.
- Just before 4:30 p.m., a 21-year-old man was shot in a park in the 10400 block of South Union, police said. The man was in a park when someone walked up and fired at him, shooting him in the abdomen, according to authorities. The man was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in critical condition.
- Around 10:40 a.m., a 24-year-old man walked into Metro South Hospital with a gunshot wound to the foot. The man was listed in good condition. Police said the man was shot in the 12200 block of South Emerald Avenue but did not have any details on how he was shot.
- Around 4:35 a.m., police said a 23-year-old man was shot in the foot during a possible drive-by in the 2900 block of North Kimball Avenue. The man was taken to Illinois Masonic Medical Center in good condition but was not cooperating with police.
- Four people were shot around 2 a.m. in the South Chicago neighborhood. Police said the group was standing on the sidewalk in the 7900 block of South Merrill Avenue when three men approached on foot and fired shots at them. A 15-year-old boy with a graze wound to the leg, a 20-year-old man who was shot in the side and a 27-year-old man who was shot in the hand took themselves to South Shore Hospital for treatment. Both the teen and the 20-year-old man were listed in stable condition and the 27-year-old man refused treatment after arriving at the hospital. A 30-year-old man was also shot in the arm and toe and was transported by ambulance to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in stable condition.
- A 24-year-old man was shot multiple times just before 2 a.m. in the 8700 block of South Union Avenue. The man suffered multiple wounds to both legs and his buttocks and was transported to Advocate Christ Medical Center in stable condition.
- Just before 1 a.m., police said a 20-year-old man was shot in the leg in the 6300 block of South Albany Avenue. The man told police he was walking when he “heard shots and felt pain.” He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in stable condition.
- Around 11:10 p.m. Saturday, a 16-year-old boy was shot in the leg in a possible drive-by shooting in the Washington Park neighborhood. The teen was walking near 51st Street and Wabash Avenue when shots were fired from an occupant in a passing light-colored vehicle, police said. The vehicle fled southbound and the teen was taken to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County in stable condition.
- A few minutes after 11 p.m. two women were shot in the 2400 block of West Adams Street. The women were at an outdoor party when they “heard shots and felt pain.” A 41-year-old woman was shot in the lower back and a 45-year-old woman was shot in the leg. Both women took themselves to Stroger Hospital in stable condition.
- About 15 minutes earlier, a 13-year-old boy was shot in the 1300 block of South Avers Avenue in the Lawndale neighborhood. The teen boy and his brother were involved in an argument with three other people when one of them pulled out a gun and opened fire. The boy was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital with a wound to the arm. He was listed in stable condition.
- Around 9 p.m. Saturday an 18-year-old man was shot in the 0-100 block of East 37th street. The teen was shot in the buttocks during a possible drive-by and was transported in stable condition to Stroger Hospital.
- Just after 5 p.m. Saturday, a 17-year-old boy was shot in the side while standing outside in the 500 block of North Hamlin Avenue in the Humboldt Park neighborhood. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital for treatment.
- Just before 11:30 a.m. Saturday, a 33-year-old man was shot in the 9800 block of Avenue L. The man was outside when a dark-colored vehicle drove past and someone inside the vehicle fired shots. The man was shot in the chest and taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in stable condition.
- About 15 minutes earlier, a 15-year-old boy was shot in a possible drive-by shooting the 8500 block of South Exchange Avenue. The teen was taken to Trinity Hospital in good condition with gunshot wounds to the arm and back.
At least eight others were shot overnight Friday into Saturday.