A person whose body was found inside a burning vehicle Wednesday afternoon at the Morton Arboretum in west suburban Lisle died of carbon monoxide poisoning, authorities said.
DuPage County sheriff’s deputies responded early Wednesday afternoon to the botanical gardens at 4100 Route 53 for a vehicle on fire.
The vehicle was found burning “in a remote parking area,” police said. A person was found dead inside.
Preliminary findings of an autopsy on Thursday showed the person died of carbon monoxide poisoning, the DuPage County coroner’s office said.
The identity of the person, as well as the suspected cause of the vehicle fire, have not been released.
DuPage County authorities were conducting a death investigation.