At least 12 people have been wounded in shootings across the city of Chicago this weekend, police said.
Here are the shootings that have happened so far:
- Two men suffered gunshot wounds at approximately 1:52 a.m. in the 6900 block of South Indiana when an unknown man approached them on the sidewalk and fired shots, police said. The first victim, a 30-year-old man, suffered a gunshot wound to the lower backside and self-transported to the University of Chicago Medical Center where he was listed in stable condition. The second victim, a 22-year-old man, suffered a gunshot wound to the head, and was transported to Stroger Hospital in serious condition.
- A 33-year-old man sustained a gunshot wound at approximately 2:03 a.m. in the 1100 block of North Menard when someone inside a passing blue Jeep Liberty fired shots, Chicago police said. The victim was transported to Loyola University Medical Center in critical condition.
- At approximately 2:12 a.m. in the 4200 block of West 25th Street, a 20-year-old man sustained a gunshot wound to the chest while inside a residence, police said. The victim was transported to Mount Sinai Hospital in serious condition, and further circumstances remained unknown Saturday evening.
- In the 8500 block of South Justine at approximately 2:17 a.m., a 21-year-old woman driving a vehicle and a 25-year-old man were shot by two suspects, police said. The two victims were driving when a white Nissan began following them. The driver attempted to get away, and ended up crashing into a parked car when two unknown men exited the vehicle and fired shots. The female victim suffered gunshot wounds to the face and arm and was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in serious condition. The male victim sustained a graze wound to the arm, and refused medical treatment.
- In the 4500 block of South Drexel at approximately 4:21 a.m., a 31-year-old man was inside a vehicle when someone inside a passing black Chevy Impala fired shots, striking the victim, police said. The victim suffered nine gunshot wounds to the lower body, and self-transported to the University of Chicago Medical Center where he was listed in serious condition.
- At approximately 6:11 p.m. in the 800 block of North Maffassoit, a 34-year-old man sustained a gunshot wound while standing on a sidewalk, police said. The victim was shot in the back of the head, and taken to West Suburban Hospital by a witness.
- Two men suffered gunshot wounds while traveling in a vehicle at approximately 10:50 p.m. Friday in the 3400 block of North Kedzie, according to police. Police said an unknown occupant inside of a passing white sedan fired shots. One victim, a 35-year-old man, sustained gunshot wounds to the head, arm and shoulder. The second victim, a 30-year-old man, suffered a gunshot wound to the back. Both men went to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, and were listed in stable condition.
- In the 1300 block of North Sedgwick at approximately 11:45 p.m., a 28-year-old man sustained a gunshot wound to the shoulder while walking, according to Chicago police. The victim said he didn't know where the shots came from. He was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in stable condition.
- At approximately 11:59 p.m. in the 1200 block of South Throop, a 20-year-old man was walking when an unknown man approached him and fired shots, police said. The victim suffered gunshot wounds to the head, back and hip and was taken to Stroger Hospital in critical condition.