One person has died and at least 12 others have been injured in shootings across the city of Chicago this weekend, police confirmed.
A 46-year-old man was killed in a shooting in the 3900 block of West 31st Street at approximately 6:16 a.m. on Saturday. According to Chicago police, an unknown man approached a vehicle, and shot the three men inside. The driver was shot twice in the face, and was transported to Mount Sinai Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
A 26-year-old passenger sustained five gunshot wounds to the chest, and was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in critical condition. A second passenger, a 38-year-old man, suffered two gunshot wounds to the left side of the chest, and was last listed in stable condition.
Here are the rest of the weekend's shootings:
- A 19-year-old man was shot while standing on a sidewalk at approximately 9:43 p.m. in the 8300 block of South Marshfield, Chicago police confirmed. An unknown suspect inside a black sedan shot the victim in the leg. He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in stable condition.
- In the 2900 block of South Union at approximately 11:43 p.m., a 20-year-old woman was shot while standing on a sidewalk with three friends, officials said. Police said the victim was shot by an unknown occupant inside of a black sedan. The victim was last listed in stable condition at the University of Chicago Medical Center.
- At approximately 11:50 p.m. in the 5600 block of South Maryland, a 29-year-old man suffered a gunshot wound to the foot, police said. The victim transported himself to the University of Chicago Medical Center, and was last reported in good condition.
- Two men inside a vehicle were shot at by an unknown offender on foot at approximately 1:17 a.m. in the 2200 block of South Spaulding, police confirmed. A 21-year-old man was shot in the face and arm, while a second victim suffered two gunshot wounds to the abdomen. Both were taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in critical condition, and police had yet to arrest a suspect as of Saturday evening.
- In the 11300 block of South Harvard at approximately 2:18 a.m., a 19-year-old woman was sitting in her car when three men approached her, and two of them displayed handguns, police said. The unarmed offender took her cell phone, and one of the men shot her in the wrist, according to Chicago police. The victim was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in good condition.
- A 26-year-old man was shot during an argument with an unknown male suspect at approximately 3:33 a.m. in the 3900 block of West Cermak, police confirmed. The unknown suspect shot the victim in the hand and arm, and then walked away. The victim was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital where his condition had since stabilized.
- At approximately 4:31 a.m. in the 500 block of North Pine Street, a 26-year-old woman was shot while standing outside with several other people, officers said. The victim sustained one gunshot wound to the leg, and was taken to Loretto Hospital in stable condition.
- A 15-year-old boy was shot at approximately 3:25 p.m. in the 2700 block of W. Glenlake Ave., police said. The boy was shot in the abdomen, and self-transported to Swedish Covenant Hospital in serious condition.
- In the 6300 block of S. Parnell Ave. at approximately 7:30 p.m., a 31-year-old man was shot while standing with several people on a sidewalk, according to Chicago police. The victim sustained a gunshot wound to the thigh, and transported himself to St. Bernard Hospital where he was listed in stable condition.