At least three people were killed and 10 others, including two teens, wounded in citywide shootings Thursday.
- A man was shot to death early Thursday in Austin on the West Side. The 22-year-old was sitting in a car about 12:30 a.m. in the 800 block of North Mayfield Avenue when someone approached and opened fire, Chicago police said. His friends drove him to West Suburban Hospital with gunshot wounds in the head and buttocks, police said. He was pronounced dead there. His name hasn’t been released.
- A few hours later, another man was shot and killed in Lawndale. About 5:20 p.m., the 29-year-old was standing near the sidewalk in the 2200 block of South Kolin Avenue, when he was approached by a man who pulled out a gun and fired shots, police said. He was struck in the chest, and taken to Mt. Sinai Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, police said. He has not yet been identified. A person of interest was taken into custody for questioning, police said.
- A third man was fatally shot Thursday night in West Englewood. The 44-year-old was found on the ground unresponsive with gunshot wounds to his torso about 11:45 p.m. in the 6500 block of South Wolcott Avenue, police said. He was taken to Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where he was pronounced dead, police said.
- In nonfatal attacks, a 16-year-old boy was shot Thursday evening in the South Loop. About 7:10 p.m., he was standing near the sidewalk in the 2000 block of South Michigan Avenue, when a vehicle approached him and someone inside fired shots, police said. He was struck in the foot and taken to Lurie Children’s Hospital, where he is in good condition, police said.
- A few hours earlier, a 17-year-old boy was shot Thursday in Chatham on the South Side. About 4:25 p.m., he was inside a vehicle in the 8400 block of South Holland Road, when he was struck by gunfire, police said. He was shot in the thigh, and taken to Provident Hospital, where he is in good condition, police said.
At least eight others were wounded in gun violence across Chicago Thursday.
At least eight people were wounded in shootings throughout the city Wednesday.