One of Chicago's largest summer events, the Taste of Chicago, kicks off Wednesday. The 34th annual festival in Grant Park opened at 11 a.m. Admission is free.
Twenty-two new places to tease your palate are among the restaurants and food trucks available at the five-day event. In all, the 66 establishments will include seven new restaurants, eight new pop-ups and seven new food trucks.
Electronic rock band AWOLNATION kicks off the festival.
Festival hours are 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Wednesday through Friday and 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- 10:45 a.m. Taste of Chicago Opening Ceremony at Buckingham Fountain
- Pop-Up Restaurants: Jin Ju, Mayan Sol Latin Grill, Brasserie by LM, Restaurant Veneno de Nayarit
- Food Trucks: Bridgeport Pasty, Cheesie's, Gino's Steaks Truck, Giordano's, Ms. Tittle's Cupcakes, Pork Chop, Starfruit Café, Taquero Fusion, The Fat Shallot, Windy City Patty Wagon
- 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. Made In Chicago Market
- 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. Kidz Zone
- 11:30 a.m. In the Kitchen with Mariano's, John Coletta | Quartino Ristorante & Wine Bar
- 12 p.m. Rhythm Revolution (World Music) perform at the Bud Light Stage
- 12:30 p.m. In the Kitchen with Mariano's, Robert Blanchard | Norman’s Bistro
- 1:30 p.m. In the Kitchen with Mariano's, Media Chef: Ericka Pino, Univision Chief Meteorologist
- 1:30 p.m. Sara Masterson (Singer/Songwriter) performs at the Bud Light Stage
- 2:30 p.m. In the Kitchen with Mariano's, Pure Leaf Celebrity Chef du Jour: Art Smith | TABLE fifty-two and LYFE Kitchen
- 3 p.m. K.W.O.E (Hip Hop) performs at the Bud Light Stage
- 3:30 p.m. In the Kitchen with Mariano's, Roger Waysok | South Water Kitchen
- 4:30 p.m. In the Kitchen with Mariano's, Scott Simon | Chuck’s: A Kerry Simon Kitchen Cory Harwell | Simon Hospitality Group
- 4:45 p.m. Samy.Language (Electronic Fueled Rap) - Red Eye Rock 'n' Vote Winner performs at the Bud Light Stage
- 5:30 p.m. In the Kitchen with Mariano's, Jocelyn Delk Adams | Grandbaby Cakes
- 5:30 p.m. AWOLNATION & Saints of Valory perform at the Petrillo Music Shell, Media support provided by 101WKQX
- 6:30 p.m. The Autumn Defense (Rock) performs at the Bud Light Stage
- 6:30 p.m. Art Smith of TABLE fifty-two and LYFE Kitchen at the Pure Leaf Celebrity Chef du Jour tent