With news slowing down quite a bit during the dog days of summer, we here at Madhouse Enforcer are still striving to bring you the latest news on the Chicago Blackhawks as they continue their time celebrating their 2013 Stanley Cup championship.
- Brandon Bollig had his day with the Cup on Wednesday, bringing it all over his hometown of St. Louis, including Busch Stadium. Nina Falcone has the full story. [CSN Chicago]
- After Bollig is done with the Cup, Blackhawks team president John McDonough will be bringing it out to the northwest suburbs of Chicago, so if you live out that way, that could be a great chance to see it. [Second City Hockey]
- During the regular season, the Blackhawks celebrated broadcaster Pat Foley's 30th year with the organization, and Sam Fels has a look back on the column he wrote in honor of that special day for a special man behind the microphone. [Real Fans Program]
- The Blackhawks themselves collected the best tweets by fans at the team's recent Blackhawks Convention and put them together in a single blog post. It's a pretty cool read. [Blackhawks.com]
- The Rockford IceHogs will be sacrificing some of their better players up to the Blackhawks' roster next season, but that doesn't mean the team will be devoid of storylines. Goaltender Kent Simpson is one player looking to make an impact next season for the club. [Icehogs.com]
- Finally, Sports Illustrated, which featured the Hawks on the magazine's cover twice this season, has come out with an interesting column by Stu Hackel: will the Blackhawks fall victim to the Stanley Cup hangover that has victimized so many teams, or can they overcome it? [Sports Illustrated]