Nearly 20 CTA bus routes that operate in the downtown area near Adams and Monroe streets at Wacker will see service changes beginning Monday as Stage III of the Wacker Drive construction project begins.
Construction work will require either new changes in service or buses maintaining detours currently in effect along 18 routes.
Riders are urged to allow extra travel time along these routes.
- No. 1 Indiana/Hyde Park Express
- No. 126 Jackson
- No. 7 Harrison
- No. 60 Blue Island/26th
- No. 120 Ogilvie/Wacker Express
- No. 136 Sheridan/LaSalle Express
- No. 121 Union/Wacker Express
- No. 124 Navy Pier
- No. 129 West Loop/South Loop (PM Service Only)
- No. 130 Museum Campus (Operates Mid-May – Labor Day)
- No. 134 Stockton/LaSalle Express
- No. 135 Clarendon/LaSalle Express
- No.X28 Stony Island Express
- No. 151 Sheridan
- No. 156 LaSalle
- No. 157 Streeterville/Taylor
- No. 14 Jeffery Express
- No. 123 Illinois Center/Union Express
Madison Street at Wacker will reopen allowing the No. 19 United Center Express, No. 20 Madison, No. 56 Milwaukee and the No. 122 Illinois Center/Ogilvie Express buses to return to their original routing.
CTA information specialists will be available during peak travel periods Thursday, Friday, Monday and Tuesday at multiple downtown locations to inform commuters of the changes.