TOC Honors Chicago's Top Foodies
Annual award ceremony held at Modern Wing
The Girl & the Goat takes home the top prize in one of the most highly-competitive categories.
Chicago's culinary royalty was on display Monday night at the annual Time Out Chicago Eat Out Awards.
The ceremony was held at the Modern Wing of the Art Institute of Chicago and hosted by Spiaggia partner/chef Tony Mantuano.
The annual awards ceremony recognizes the best of Chicago in 30 categories, divided among Reader's Choice and Critic's Picks.
It was an especially good night for the Boka Restaurant Group, which picked up awards for Restaurateurs of the Year, Best New Restaurant and Chef of the Year.
- Best New Italian: Davanti Enoteca
- Best New Bakery: Sprinkles
- Best Food Truck: gastro-wagon
- Best New Patio: Big Star
- Breakout Chef of the Year: Matthew Eversman, Saigon Sisters
- Best New BBQ: Lillie's Q
- Restaurateur of the Year: Rob Katz and Kevin Boehm
- Best Local Coffee Roaster: Intelligentsia
- Best Dessert Truck: Flirty Cupcakes
- Chef of the Year: Stephanie Izard
- Best New Steakhouse: Chicago Cut
- Best New Beverage Program: Sable Kitchen & Bar
- Best New Pub Grub: Owen & Engine
- Breakout Chef of the Year: Matthew Eversman (Saigon Sisters)
- Best New Bar: Banger's and Lace
- Best New Restaurant: Girl & the Goat
- Best Excuse to be a Locavore: The all-Midwestern lineup of spirits at The Watershed.
- Best Late Night Destination: MingHin Cuisine
- Best Cure for the Average Brunch: Sunday Noodles at Takashi
- Best Change of Pace: Jeff Pikus' cooking at Maude's Liquor Bar.
- Best Cheese Course: The goat cheese cashew caramel gelato at Black Dog Gelato.
- The Sorta-Annual "Proof that Evolution Exists" Award: Caffé Streets
- Latest Reason to be a Homosexual: Downtown Bar & Lounge
- Best Community Sponsor: Matt Maroni of Gaztrowagon
- Best Reason to Fly Again: Tortas Frontera at Terminal 1 at O'Hare.
- Least Insufferable Food Term of the Year: Chimney cake
- Best Cheese Course: Cashew-caramel-goat-cheese gelato at Black Dog Gelato
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Restaurateur Scott Harris
- Best Chip Off the Old Block: Ed Marszewski, Maria’s Packaged Goods & Community Bar.
- Best Box Lunch: Bento boxes at the Bento Box
- Extreme Makeover: Integrity Edition -- Ba Le