Cops Called to Octo-Home 8 Times: Report

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    It's fair to say police were already pretty familiar with octo-mom Nadya Suleman.

    LOS ANGELES -- Long before we knew way too much about octo-mom Nadya Suleman and her 14 children, the police were well aware of her, according to a report published Tuesday.

    Police were called to Suleman's last two homes a total of eight times, TMZ.com reported.

    1. Jan. 9, 2008 -- One of Suleman's children was locked in a room. Police picked the lock, TMZ reported.
    2. May 12, 2008 -- Neighbors called police after the front door was left open.
    3. July 7, 2008 -- Police escorted the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services during an investigation into the well being of the six children. The allegations were unfounded, according to officials, TMZ reported.
    4. Aug. 10, 2008 -- Neighbors called police again after the front door was left open. TMZ reported neighbors feared a break-in.
    5. Oct. 27, 2008 -- Suleman called police because one of her children was missing. The child had followed the grandmother around the block, TMZ reported.
    6. Jan. 23, 2009 -- One of Suleman's children called police for unknown reasons.
    7. Feb. 23, 2009 -- Police respond to reports of a man with a gun at Suleman's home. Neighbors told TMZ the man was bringing the unloaded weapon into the home from his car.
    8. The Grand Finale -- To round out the eight police visits (remember, eight's the key number here), TMZ reports police were also called to control reporters.

    Suleman blamed the 911 calls on a disgruntled neighbor making complaints to the police.

    Suleman, 33, of Whittier, Calif., already had six children when she gave birth Jan. 26 to octuplets. Since then, she has managed to remain in the "weird newsosphere" pretty much every day despite our distaste for this story.

    And in case you forgot the last nugget from the Suleman circus of the absurd, on Monday, porn impresario Steven Hirsch of Vivid Entertainment, said Suleman should reconsider his offer of $1 million to star in an adult film because ... wait for it ... it would save taxpayers money.

    "If Nadya really rejects this offer it's a shame because by accepting it she could have saved the taxpayers a cool million bucks. We hope she will reconsider because this would be a great way for her to take financial responsibility for her own actions," Hirsch said.