An 8-year-old Southern California boy died after drowning inside a washing machine, authorities said.
The boy, who was not identified, was hospitalized after falling into a washer on Wednesday at his home in Castaic.
Paramedics found him on the ground, next to a washing machine with his father at his side, Los Angeles County Sheriff's officials said.
The boy’s father told investigators he was outside working in the yard and went inside to check on his son.
When the father entered the laundry room, he saw the boy’s feet and legs sticking out of the washing machine, his face submerged in water, deputies said.
Detectives launched an investigation into the death, but said it appeared to be a tragic accident.
Authorities used the case as a warning to parents to always watch their children.
More Southern California Stories:
- Newlywed "Robbed of Her Life" in Boardwalk Crash
- Missing Hikers Reported in Griffith Park
- French Cheese Recalled Due to Deadly Bacteria
- Venice Crash Prompts Calls for More Barriers
- Boardwalk Crash Victims Thankful to Be Alive
- Newlywed Dies in Beach Boardwalk Crash
- Arrest in Fatal Beach Boardwalk Crash