Thirteen people, including a 3-year-old boy, were wounded in a spray of bullets at Cornell Square Park, in Chicago's south side Back of the Yards neighborhood.
The most seriously injured was Deonta Howard, known by family as "Tray-man." He was hit in the head by a bullet and taken to Mount Sinai Medical Center where he was listed in critical condition.
The other victims ranged in age from 15 to 41 years of age, including:
- A 15-year-old boy shot in the arm
- A 17-year-old girl shot in the foot
- A 23-year-old woman shot in the foot
- A 31-year-old man shot in the buttocks
- A 28-year-old man shot in the wrist, leg and hip
- A 41-year-old man shot in the buttocks
- A 26-year-old man shot in the leg
- A 25-year-old man shot in the abdomen
- A 37-year-old man shot in the thigh
- A 21-year-old man shot in the leg
- A 23-year-old man shot in the thigh
- A 33-year-old woman shot in the back/shoulder
In addition to Mt. Sinai, victims were taken to Holy Cross Hospital, John H. Stroger Jr., Hospital of Cook County, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Saint Anthony Hospital and Little Company of Mary Hospital.