Chicago Police issued a community alert about a purse-snatcher targeting women on the Northwest Side. Christian Farr reports.
Hold onto your purses a little closer and watch out.
Chicago Police issued a community alert about a purse-snatcher targeting women on the Northwest Side.
The offender targets women unloading their shopping carts alone in store parking lots, police said. In several cases, he overpowered them to take their handbags.
Police described the robber as a black or Hispanic male, about 5 feet 7 inches to 6 feet tall and weighing between 150 and 160 pounds.
He was last seen wearing a grey polo shirt and blue jeans and drove away in a red Dodge van, police said.
Seven incidents occurred since last Thursday, between 9 a.m. and 1:20 p.m..
The robberies happened in the following locations:
- 4700 block of West Irving Park Road
- 3900 block of North Meade Avenue
- 6400 block of West Diversey Avenue
- 2600 block of North Elston Avenue
- 4100 block of North Elston Avenue
- 4600 block of West Belmont Avenue
- 3500 block of North Elston Avenue