Andersonville Fire Leaves 17 Homeless

A fire that blazed through two apartment buildings Wednesday morning left 17 people homeless

View Comments ()
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    A fire that displaced 17 from their apartments began in a garage around 1 a.m. in the 1400 block of West Argyle Street, fire officials said.

    Two apartment buildings went up in flames early Wednesday leaving 17 people homeless.

    Fire officials said the blaze began in a garage around 1 a.m. in the 1400 block of West Argyle Street. It quickly spread to nearby apartment buildings and damaged several units.
    There were no injuries reported. The Red Cross is helping the displaced families.

    Owner Calls Bar Fire Suspicious

    [CHI] Owner Calls Bar Fire Suspicious
    Frank Elliott, owner of Velvet Rope Lounge, said derogatory messages were found on one of the walls after the fire inside the nightclub, the only gay bar in Oak Park. Officials are investigation the incident as arson. (Published Monday, Jun 4, 2012)