Rangers defenseman Anton Stralman (6) defends Chicago Blackhawks center Jonathan Toews (19) during the third period Thursday.
In this edition of Hawks Headlines, we recap how poorly the team’s power play unit has been playing in recent games, a defenseman that is putting together a Norris-caliber season, and the move the team made over the weekend that angered some fans.
- We start out with the team’s power play unit, which threw up another 0-fer on Sunday as the Hawks lost 2-0 to the Nashville Predators. Scott Powers breaks down the struggles of the group in the absence of Patrick Kane, and whether or not the team is in trouble if they can’t figure out how to put the puck in the net on the man-advantage. [ESPN Chicago]
- Duncan Keith is a former Norris Trophy winner, and with the way he has been playing this season, there have been a slew of reporters who have pegged him as a serious candidate to walk away with the trophy again. [CSN Chicago]
- If you’re a Blackhawks’ season ticket holder, then you already have gotten the news: the team is raising prices for the tickets by an average of 8 percent next season. [Crain’s Chicago Business]
- Despite being ineligible for the Blackhawks’ playoff roster, forward Matt Carey is looking forward to this learning experience as a member of the Hawks. [Chicago Sun-Times]
- The Blackhawks’ farm team got into a bit of trouble on Friday, as the Rockford IceHogs lost a brawl-filled 5-0 game to the Chicago Wolves. [Chicago Tribune]
- We double-dip on the Sun-Times today as we take a look at a piece about Jeremy Morin, who could have his best chance yet to remain on the Blackhawks’ roster for longer than just a few weeks. [Chicago Sun-Times]
- Finally, we have a video of arguably the lone highlight for the Blackhawks on Sunday night, as Morin checked Nashville’s Roman Josi into the last century: