One month from today, the Chicago Blackhawks will hit the ice in South Bend, Indiana to begin their 2013 training camp at the University of Notre Dame.
- Hawks forward Marian Hossa got to spend his day with the Stanley Cup on Saturday, and he did it in style, eating pierogies from the chalice. Needless to say, that's a heck of a lot more unique than drinking beer out of it. [CSN Chicago]
- Defenseman Johnny Oduya may not have eaten a delicious meal out of the Cup, but he did get to share it with some of his friends from junior hockey. [CSN Chicago]
- While the current Blackhawks are enjoying their summers, there are some young guys who are preparing for a potential shot at the team's roster come opening day, and one of those is Adam Clendening. [Blackhawk Up]
- Tab Bamford has a recap of the World Junior Championship camp that just concluded in Lake Placid, New York. Hawks prospect Teuov Teravainen ended up stealing the show, and led all players that participated in scoring. [Committed Indians]
- The BMO Harris Bank Center (formerly the Rockford Metrocentre) is undergoing renovations before the Icehogs drop the puck on their season in October. [WIFR-23]
- The Blackhawks take you behind the scenes of their photo shoot for upcoming issues of Blackhawks Magazine. [Blackhawks.com]
- Finally, I'd like to drop the standard "here's the news" routine for just a moment to share some news with you. My friend Jim Gintonio, who was an excellent reporter and covered the Phoenix Coyotes for the Arizona Republic, unfortunately lost his battle with cancer over the weekend.
Jim was an incredible writer, but more importantly, he was one of the best human beings I have ever had the privilege of meeting. I will miss him dearly, and I wrote a piece about the impact that he had on my life. [JamesNeveau.com]