In Monday's edition of Hawks Headlines, we discuss all the latest news surrounding the Chicago Blackhawks, including why Bryan Bickell missed Sunday's game, and how several players are preparing for the upcoming season.
- Bryan Bickell was a late scratch from the Hawks' game with the Detroit Red Wings Sunday, and the reason was one Janet Jackson would have been proud of. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Ben Smith has been making a big impression on the Hawks during training camp, and he is confident that he is finally going to stick with the big club this time. [CSN Chicago]
- Michal Rozsival is eager to get back on the ice after finally making his preseason debut Sunday, and he wants to win another Cup this season. [Chicago Tribune]
- Brandon Bollig is known more for being a face-puncher and a bad-penalty-taker than a goal scorer, but he's looking to change his image a bit in the new season. [Chicago Sun-Times]
- Antti Raanta may not be the team's back-up goaltender coming out of training camp, but he's been earning some valuable experience along the way. [Daily Herald]
- Who are the five most underrated players in the NHL Central? [Blackhawk Up]
- Finally, the Rockford IceHogs are preparing in earnest for the upcoming season, and are excited to get started. Just like every other AHL team, but still. [Rockford Register Star]