The latest Groupon dissection ponders how Groupon’s underwriters -- not-so-ironically, all big banks -- could have missed red flags and priced the IPO at such a high valuation.
And lately, there’s been speculation that Groupon and other daily deal sites are inflating their value, and a former sales rep says it’s true.
Also, new tax rules on daily deals in New York. Read more:
- How did the big bank underwriters miss the red flags in Groupon’s IPO docs? (New York Times)
- More analysis of the declining IPO value. (CNET)
- A former (anonymous) Groupon sales rep says the company “absolutely” inflates deal prices. (Business Insider)
- Meanwhile, New York state tax administrators detail new taxation rules on daily deals. (Forbes)
- Today’s Deal: $40 for three man-hours of house cleaning from E&K House Cleaning Service ($90 Value)