A group of 40 newspapers have begun including a deals feature called iCircular on their mobile phone apps to encourage use while shopping. The move is meant to compete with Groupon and other daily deal sites.
In other news, a survey says that the daily deal industry is seeing a shakeout, but it didn’t stop Google from buying another deals site.
And the group buying the Wrigley Building, which includes the founding members of Groupon, plan some renovations.
- Newspapers offer daily deals through their mobile apps. (Investor’s Business Daily)
- Yipit says daily deals are dying. (Wall Street Journal)
- But Google’s still getting in the game. (Wall Street Journal)
- Groupon founders and new owners of Wrigley Building have rehab plans. (Chicago Tribune)
- Today’s Deal: Starting at $10: VIP Ticket Package or Outfield-Lawn or Bleacher Ticket for Movie Night on Saturday, October 1 at 5:30 p.m.