Furthering proof that Groupon’s still king, a study shows that in August, each of the industry’s top five deals was from a different category – and all from Groupon. As we reported Thursday, Groupon’s still got the lead.
Now on to the bad news: The uncertain IPO market is causing others to delay too.
Also, there is still speculation about whether or not daily deals are good marketing tools for small businesses.
- The top five daily deals in August all came from Groupon. (Business Insider)
- Is Groupon’s IPO delay affecting others? Travel site Kayak puts IPO on hold. (Wall Street Journal)
- USA Today takes a schizophrenic look at using daily deals as a small business. (USA Today)
- Daily Deal Media gives tips on how to use Groupon. (Daily Deal Media)
- Today’s Deal: $10 for Upscale Mexican Cuisine for Dinner or Lunch at Real Tenochtitlan ($20 Value)