Should Groupon give in to the scrutiny and make its deals more like gift certificates? Some think so.
In other news, Gannett News Service enters the market by launching its own version of daily deals, DealChicken, which uses its media outlets to offer coupons. Read on:
- Experts explained why a gift certificate model is a better idea for Groupon, especially with all eyes on the company. (Marketwatch)
- Old media vs. new media: Gannett launched DealChicken in several markets on Tuesday, with plans to launch in 50 states by the end of the year. (Reuters)
- A site offering daily deals on groceries reached 500,000 users in half the time of Groupon. (Reuters)
- One biz blog asks if it's bad manners to use a Groupon (or other deal coupon) during a business lunch. (Portfolio.com)
- Today’s Deal: $30 for $60 worth of dining at Cite.