In this midweek edition of Bears Bites, we take a look at some bold predictions about the 2014 Chicago Bears, what Matt Forte’s ultimate goal is with the team, and a former teammate of David Fales that’s in need of some serious support after getting a scary diagnosis this week.
- We start out with Matt Eurich, who checks in today with his four bold (and not so bold) predictions for the upcoming season. [Bleacher Report]
- Adam Hoge has his latest entry in his offseason Bears notebook with a glossary of terms that football fans may hear frequently, but may not understand. [CBS Chicago]
- Kind of a cool interview with Matt Forte here, as he discusses his future plans with the Bears and how excited he is to continue being part of the team’s offense. [CSN Chicago]
- New Bears quarterback David Fales is a San Jose State product, as is Houston Texans offensive tackle David Quessenberry. The 23-year old lineman was diagnosed with lymphoma this week, and Fales made it a point to offer his support. [ESPN Chicago]
- Marquess Wilson is trying to earn a spot as the third wide receiver with the Bears, and he’s already showing some serious maturity as he pursues the role. [Chicago Sun-Times]
- During the team’s OTA’s, the squad is bonding over an old pastime: bowling. [Chicago Tribune]
- Finally, some bad news for the Atlanta Falcons as they found out they will be without linebacker Sean Weatherspoon for the entire season after he suffered a ruptured Achilles tendon. [Yahoo! Sports]