Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read the latest on Brian Urlacher's departure, who the newest Bear is, and how you might spend a Thursday evening this September.
- Brian Urlacher's tenure with the Bears didn't end quite as nicely as you may have hoped. He said he would have appreciated a phone call. (ESPN Chicago)
- Now that Urlacher's tenure is over, it's time to look back and assess it. Is he Hall-of-Fame worthy? (Chicago Tribune)
- But the Bears weren't the first team to struggle with the end of an aging star's career. Several NFL teams have had a tough time with it. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Tom Zbikowski grew up a Chicago Bears fan. He is ecstatic to come home and play for them. (Chicago Tribune)
- Were the Bears winners in free agency? Take a closer look at how they and the rest of the NFC North did. (ESPN Chicago)
- Despite being the Super Bowl champions, the Baltimore Ravens are starting the season on the road. It could happen in Chicago. (Chicago Tribune)