Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Today, that's all Brian Urlacher, all the time.
- Brian Urlacher spoke up after the Bears decided to part ways with him. He called the offer they made "insulting" and an ultimatum. (Chicago Tribune)
- Leaving the Bears after 13 years isn't the perfect situation for Urlacher. It was a bittersweet ending for the linebacker. (ESPN Chicago)
- The Bears are down Urlacher and Nick Roach, leaving Lance Briggs as the only returning starting linebacker from last season. This makes a huge hole that must be filled. (Chicago Tribune)
- Urlacher leaving now doesn't take away what he accomplished in Chicago. Take a look at his biggest hits. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Surprisingly, the Bears did make some moves on Wednesday that did not involve Urlacher. Defensive end Turk McBride was signed. (ESPN Chicago)
- The league's owners also were busy on Wednesday. They voted in several new rules, including the elimination of the Tuck Rule. (Shutdown Corner)