Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your collection of the best Bears news. Read on for Lovie Smith's take on the loss, Martz's baffling play-calling, Hanie's lessons, Tillman's frustration with lack of turnovers, odds for Kansas City's game, and Gould's take on the weather in Oakland.
- Lovie Smith accentuated the positives in the Bears loss. No word on if he eliminated the negative, grasped on to the affirmative or messed with Mr. In-Between. (Chicago Tribune)
- More baffling play-calling by Mike Martz and the lack of a contract extension calls into question his job security. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Caleb Hanie learned that reckless play doesn't cut it. (ESPN Chicago)
- Charles Tillman was not happy about the lack of turnovers against Oakland. (Chicago Tribune)
- The Bears are back to being favorites in Sunday's game against Kansas City. (ESPN Chicago)
- Robbie Gould says that the weather in Oakland gives their impressive special teams unit an edge. (Chicago Tribune)