CHICAGO, IL - JANUARY 23: Quarterback Jay Cutler #6 of the Chicago Bears warms up before taking on the Green Bay Packers in the NFC Championship Game at Soldier Field on January 23, 2011 in Chicago, Illinois. (Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Jay Cutler
Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites. It won't scrape the ice off of your car, but it will give you all the Bears news you need.
- Cutler's throwing mechanics are khakis and a polo, while Tom Brady is a three-piece suit. A QB guru who has worked with Ben Roethlisberger wants to change that. (Chicago Tribune)
- Many of the Bears players tweeted their happiness with Lovie Smith's new contract, including Chris Harris who also wrote a blog post on his website, saying, "How could he NOT be given an extension?" (Hitman Harris)
- Mike Martz is not quite ready to commit to Caleb Hanie as the number two quarterback. Perhaps we need to lock him in a room and show an endless loop of Todd Collins' time as a Chicago Bear. (National Football Post)
- Danieal Manning reportedly turned down a contract extension during the season. (ESPN Chicago)
- After Dave Duerson's family asked for donations to a scholarship fund for his youngest daughter in lieu of flowers, the Walter Payton Scholarship Fund decided to award her a scholarship. (Chicago Tribune)
Follow Grizzly Detail on Twitter.
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations