Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites. It won't scrape the ice off of your car, but it will give you all the Bears news you need.
- Cutler's throwing mechanics are khakis and a polo, while Tom Brady is a three-piece suit. A QB guru who has worked with Ben Roethlisberger wants to change that. (Chicago Tribune)
- Many of the Bears players tweeted their happiness with Lovie Smith's new contract, including Chris Harris who also wrote a blog post on his website, saying, "How could he NOT be given an extension?" (Hitman Harris)
- Mike Martz is not quite ready to commit to Caleb Hanie as the number two quarterback. Perhaps we need to lock him in a room and show an endless loop of Todd Collins' time as a Chicago Bear. (National Football Post)
- Danieal Manning reportedly turned down a contract extension during the season. (ESPN Chicago)
- After Dave Duerson's family asked for donations to a scholarship fund for his youngest daughter in lieu of flowers, the Walter Payton Scholarship Fund decided to award her a scholarship. (Chicago Tribune)