Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, a rundown of everything you need to know about your Monsters of the Midway.
- Just days after being denied permission to interview for the Tennessee offensive coordinator position, Mike Tice and several other Bears assistant coaches were given contract extensions. (ESPN Chicago)
- Tight end Brandon Manumaleuna will undergo minor, arthroscopic surgery to clean up his knee. (Chicago Tribune)
- ESPN draft guru and owner of amazing hair Mel Kiper Jr. projects that the Bears will take an offensive lineman in the first round of the draft. (ESPN)
- One football player you won't be seeing in Chicago is Michael Vick. After scheduling an interview with Oprah Winfrey, the quarterback with the troubled past canceled the appearance with little explanation. Perhaps he was worried that the Bears would be waiting in the wings and sack him four times (again.) (Shutdown Corner)
- If you're wondering why the stock market dipped yesterday, it's because the Packers stopped by. (ESPN NFC North)
- Mayoral candidate Rahm Emanuel spent more time with Israel Idonije on Wednesday. The pair stopped by Banneker Elementary School, where Izzy runs a program that promotes attendance. (Facebook)
- Use the off-season to brush up on your fantasy football acumen. (Windy City Gridiron)
Follow Grizzly Detail on Twitter for more Bears news throughout the day.