CHICAGO - AUGUST 21: Lance Briggs #55 of the Chicago Bears listens to a teammate on the sidelines during a preseason game against the Oakland Raiders at Soldier Field on August 21, 2010 in Chicago, Illinois. The Raiders defeated the Bears 32-17. (Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Lance Briggs
Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, and a big Grizzly Detail Happy Birthday to Bears linebacker Nick Roach.
- Lance Briggs is bummed out by the lockout and the lack of workouts. (Chicago Tribune)
- It turns out that Major Wright did approve of a party using his image in an ad, he just didn't realize that it was a porn party. The lesson? Read those contracts closely. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Cincinnatti's Dhani Jones rates himself as a better linebacker than both Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs, and threw a verbal jab at Urlacher when asked about it. (Shutdown Corner)
- Jump in the way-back machine and watch the highlights from the careers of Dick Butkus and Gale Sayers. (Windy City Gridiron)
- Former Bear Danny Wuerffel has been diagnosed with a rare, but temporary autoimmune disease. He has a good prognosis, but it's quite a scary ordeal. (Dr. Saturday)
Follow Grizzly Detail on Twitter.
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations