Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, all the Bears news you need on this lovely Casimir Pulaski Day.
- The Bears and Devin Aromashodu are done. Despite his strong ending to 2009, Aromashodu spent much of 2010 on the sidelines. One of his huge problems was a lack of effective blocking, and he also lost points in the 2010 season opener for dropping a pass in the end zone. (Chicago Tribune)
- After agreeing to a week-long extension, the owners and players are back at the negotiating table at 2 p.m. CT today. (Pro Football Talk)
- Now coaching together in Minnesota, former Bears Mike Singletary and Leslie Frazier are haunted by Dave Duerson's suicide. They both wonder if they missed warning signs. (Pioneer Press via ESPN NFC North)
- The Bears aren't the only team in interested in Derek Sherrod, the Mississippi State offensive tackle who also is getting a business administration degree and has a 3.54 GPA. (National Football Post)
- Ron Rivera, the former Bear and Bears coach who is now the head coach at Carolina, got into coaching with the help of Walter Payton. (Chicago Tribune)