Lincoln Adim, a contestant on ABC's popular reality show "The Bachelorette," was convicted last month of groping and assaulting a woman on a cruise ship in Boston Harbor in 2016 and has to register as a sex offender.
Adim was found guilty on one count of indecent assault and battery in May 21, a week before this season of "The Bachelorette" premiered, Suffolk County District Attorney's Office spokesman Jake Wark told NBC10 Boston Thursday. He was sentenced to one year in jail, suspended for a two-year probationary period.
Adim was ordered to stay away from the victim and attend three Alcoholics Anonymous meetings per week for the duration of his probation, Wark said. If he fails to comply he could be forced to serve out his jail sentence.
Wark added that Adim is expected by law to register as a sex offender.
The incident occurred on May 30, 2016. No further details about the case against Adim were released by the district attorney's office.
Adim, 26, a Boston-based accounts sales executive, is one of 17 men still vying for the affections of "Bachelorette" star Becca Kufrin. He was featured prominently in last week's second episode, in which he argued with several other contestants.
He has not commented publicly, but the show's producers said they were unaware of the charges when they cast him.