Chicago's 56th Annual Air & Water Show will take to the skies at 10 a.m. Saturday and Sunday and thousands of spectators are expected to gather along the lakefront to watch.
Officials announced Sunday morning that the show, scheduled to begin at 10 a.m., was delayed for more than three hours because of cloudy weather. The show kicked off Sunday just after 1 p.m.
Viewers were set to watch military and civilian teams perform air and water stunts Aug. 16 and 17 along the lakefront from Fullerton to Oak Street or at North Avenue Beach from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Officials announced that the famous Blue Angels will perform in the show at 2:45 p.m. Saturday and will close out the show Sunday.
On Sunday, Jim Cornelison of the Chicago Blackhawks will sing the national anthem. He will also take the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge with the help of the U.S. Army Golden Knights and pilots from the U.S. Air Force F-22 Raptor Demo Team.
See below for a complete list of Saturday and Sunday performers.
- U.S. Navy Blue Angels
- U.S. Army Parachute Team Golden Knights
- U.S. Navy Parachute Team Leap Frogs
- U.S. Air Force F-22 Raptor
- Marine MV-22 Osprey
- U.S. Coast Guard
- AeroShell Aerobatic Team
- Sean D. Tucker & Team Oracle
- The Firebirds Delta Team
- Chuck Aaron in the Red Bull Helicopter
- Matt Chapman Airshows
- Dave Dacy Airshows
- Warbird Heritage Museum Foundation A-4 Skyhawk
- Team AeroDynamix
- Bill Stein Airshows
- Mustang Aerobatics- P-51 Mustang
- All Veteran Parachute Team
- Chicago Fire Department Air/Sea Rescue