Jon Gosselin's "Plus 8" Farewell Message: "I've Got The Best Of Both Worlds Right Now"

View Comments ()
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    TLC
    Jon and Kate's 8 are starting to hate having to film.

    As "Jon & Kate Plus 8" gets ready to take the air one final time on Monday night, Jon Gosselin said he's looking ahead to the future – and life on his own in the Big Apple.

    "New York is nice. It's three hours from my house where my kids are," Jon said in his final confessional on the TLC show, which airs as part of Monday night's series finale. "Which means, it's like… I have work again. Although I live there, it's not like I'm at my house and work is at my house and everything is just crashing down, you know what I mean? I couldn't leave. Now, it's like I have a place to go."

    VIEW THE PHOTOS: Jon & Kate: After The Break Timeline

    And while he's leaving behind the family home in Wernersville, Penn., where the reality series was shot, Jon said he can always return to his roots and "chill."

    "When I get sick of the city and all the press and the media and everything, I cross the [George Washington Bridge] and go back to my country place and I'm going to chill," he added. "So I've got the best of both worlds right now."

    VIEW THE PHOTOS: Jon & Kate's Family Photo Album

    For Kate, in her final confessional interview for the show, she said she's still getting used to life without her estranged husband.

    "It always crosses my mind that I should be in the passenger's seat and Jon should be driving. Every single time," she told the cameras, referring to driving her brood around.

    "To clarify, I never wanted that to change. Maybe I wanted roles to change and people to step up and stress loads to shift," she continued. "But I never wanted him absent from that driver's seat."

    VIEW THE PHOTOS: Top 10 Most Expensive Celebrity Divorces

    As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, last week TLC announced plans for a series spin-off, "Kate Plus 8," were no longer in the works.

    "'Kate Plus 8' is not in production," TLC spokeswoman Laurie Goldberg told Access.

    However, that doesn't mean the reality mom is hanging up her reality TV hat.
    "We are focusing on the launch of Kate's new series in early spring," Goldberg added.

    Monday night's series finale will feature both Jon and Kate taking their eight kids – 9-year-old twins and 5-year-old sextuplets – on separate outings.

    While dad brings his brood to a fire station near the family home, Kate takes the kids to a local dairy farm.

    Over the weekend, the reality parents met for an arbitration session in Pennsylvania to discuss custody and financial matters.

    And while the meeting was described as "successful," the same couldn't be said for Jon's gift for his estranged wife.

    Jon showed up to the hearing with a bouquet of red roses for his ex.

    However, a source confirmed to Access that the roses never touched Kate's hands, "but the receptionist had a beautiful bouquet to take home for the day."

    Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
    PLAY IT NOW: Jon Gosselin: 'I Can't Forgive Myself,' But 'I Do Apologize To Kate'
    PLAY IT NOW: Jon Gosselin Defends Hailey Glassman & His Parenting Skills

    MORE ACCESS ON THESE TOPICS: Jon & Kate Plus Eight - Jon Gosselin - Kate Gosselin - TLC - Reality TV