Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, a rundown of Bears news. Today, that news is not good. Read about Matt Forte's injury and the problems it causes, Roy Williams taking the blame, Caleb Hanie's bad performance, Brian Urlacher's thoughts on the Hail Mary play, and Izzy's diagnosis of the defense.
- Matt Forte's injury brings the Bears' lack of long-term planning into focus. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- It also puts the playoffs in jeopardy. (ESPN Chicago)
- Roy Williams says the dropped pass in the end zone was all his fault. Y'think? (Chicago Tribune)
- Caleb Hanie was named one of the five least valuable players among all of the NFL for Sunday's performance. (Shutdown Corner)
- Hanie struggled, but the loss wasn't all his fault. (Chicago Tribune)
- Brian Urlacher said that the Hail Mary touchdown at the end of the first half was just a good play. (ESPN Chicago)
- Israel Idonije said that the Bears didn't "play to our level." (Chicago Sun-Times)