Flooding in northern parts of the Chicago area continued to shut down roadways, thretaen homes and close businesses Friday.
Flood Warnings remained in effect along the Des Plaines and Fox Rivers Friday morning. As of 4:45 a.m., the National Weather Service reported the Des Plaines River at Lincolnshire was at 16.2 feet and officials expect it will continue rising to near 17 feet by Saturday afternoon. Flood stage is 12.5 feet.
Here's a look at road and business closures still in effect across the area:
- The Chicago Botanic Garden was closed Friday due to the high amount of rainfall that fell in the area
- Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital will remain closed for clinical operations Friday, but a limited number of physician offices will reopen for scheduled appointments only
- All performances of "Bridges" were canceled at The Marriott Theatre through Sunday
- Rising waters closed a runway at Chicago Executive Airport Friday
- Gages Lake Road remained closed from Route 21 to Muirfied after a large sinkhole opened up during the flooding
- Lake Cook Road at Northbrook Court
- Des Plaines River Road closed between Central Road and Morrison Avenue
- Algonquin Road north of Oakton
- Nippersink Road between Fairfield Road and Wilson Road
- Route 173 between US-41 and Kilbourne
- Russell Road between I-94 and Kilbourne
- US-41 between Route 21 and Kilbourne