Flooded roadways remained shut down in multiple Chicago suburbs Thursday morning with cars and even semis still buried by water after record rainfall in the area.
A Flood Warning remained in effect Thursday morning along the Des Plaines and Fox Rivers. The alert warned the Gurnee, Lincolnshire, Des Plaines, River Forest, Riverside and Russell communities along the Des Plaines River and the Algonquin and Montgomery communities along the Fox River that both waterways were expected to rise above flood level by Thursday morning and will continue to rise.
Here's a look at road closures still in effect as of 7 a.m. Thursday:
- Route 41 between Route 137 and Route 60
- Casey Road between Route 21 and US-45 in Grayslake
- Oak Spring Road between Appley and St. Mary's Road in Green Oaks
- Lake Cook Road between IL Route 43 and Red Oak Lane
- Washington Street between Atkinson Road and US-45 in Grayslake
- Route 120 (westbound) between US-45 and Route 83
- Atkinson Road between Route 120 and Center Street
- Route 83 from Route 120 to Washington in Grayslake
- Highland Park W Park Avenue closed east of Route 41