One of the best outdoor activities in Chicago is dining al fresco, and with the weather warming up, it's time to map out your options. Here's some suggestions:
- Le Colonial: Located in the heart of bustling Rush Street, Le Colonial's outdoor dining area is great place to enjoy a light lunch or dinner while watching Chicago’s movers and shakers stroll by. Le Colonial's patio is surrounded by Vietnam-influenced plants and flowers, the perfect setting to enjoy the restaurant's French-Vietnamese fare. Every Wednesday, Le Colonial offers a special Date Night menu -- three courses for $20 a person.
- sola: Located on Byron Street, close to the bustle of Lincoln Avenue, sola's outdoor patio is a great spot to enjoy a quiet dinner, but still do some people watching. The tropical plants make it the perfect setting to enjoy Chef Carol Wallack's Hawaiian-influenced cuisine. Enjoy the Wicked Wahine cocktail or munch on Chef Wallack's signature Short Ribs or Salmon dishes. A $30 prix fixe menu is available Monday thru Wednesday, and on Free Wine Fridays, guests get a complimentary glass of wine with their meal. The perfect getaway right outside the hustle and bustle of the city! (3868 N. Lincoln)
- Martini Park: Bring the nightlife outside at Martini Park's outdoor patio. The patio sits on the corner of Erie and LaSalle and features long rod-iron benches and tables. The patio, which seats 40, is surrounded by exotic flowers adding a fun and colorful atmosphere. Martini Park's Happy Hour menu features drinks and appetizers from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. for $5 to $8.
- David Burkes Primehouse: The al fresco scene at David Burke's Primehouse (616 North Rush) will be a place to see and be seen this summer. The restaurant is currently offering a No Bull Lunch Feast -- a $20.09 three course prix-fixe menu that includes choice of an appetizer, entrée and dessert.
- C-House: The brand new patio at C-House (166 East Superior) is located just steps from the Magnificent Mile. C-House's new street front patio is a great spot to enjoy this modern American seafood and chophouse cuisine and cocktails. Daytime lunch options include the $16 prix fixe lunch with choices such as seasonal salads, fresh springtime Pea Soup with crab and tomato, a Salami Pastrami Sandwich and the famed C-House whitefish burger. On Wednesdays, enjoy the 2 Tacos and a Beer deal for $9.
- Bistro 110: This 40-seat patio offers guest a perfect view of the action on the Magnificent Mile. In early June, Bistro 110 (110 E. Pearson) will unveil a new patio design by Bravo's Top Design winner and Chicago native, Matt Lorenz. The Bistro 110 patio was scheduled to be open by mid-April, pending weather conditions.
- Fulton's on the River: The only thing better than dining outside is dining by the waterfront. Fulton's On the River (315 N. LaSalle) will be hosting a monthly Clam Bake on the first Tuesday of every month during the summer (June 2, July 7 and August 4), offering guests live music and an all you can eat (oysters, clams, shrimp) spread along with two beers for $22.
- Duchamp: Duchamp's patio remains one of the most unique in the city, with its sleek design and communal style tables. They offer a Tuesday $25 prix-fixe that's a perfect complement to al fresco dining this spring. (2118 N Damen Ave.)