You. Yea, we're talking to you with the heart-shaped box of drugstore chocolates in hand.
Put it down.
Sure, everyone loves chocolate, but with so many bakeries in Chicago with a ton of sweet options when it comes to investing in a treat for your Valentine. Here’s our five picks for where to get your Valentine their sugar fix:
- Magnolia Bakery’s Love Cupcake Box:This love-themed box comes complete with six vanilla or chocolate cupcakes frosted with buttercream icing that spells out “L-O-V-E.” The box is wrapped wrapped with romantic tulle so you can literally buy it and hand it over to your date, no wrapping required.
- Bittersweet Pastry Shop’s Fortune Cookies: Choose your own customized message and have it put inside a giant, made-from-scratch fortune cookie that you can have created for your Valentine.
- Flourless Chocolate Cake from Sweet Mandy B’s: Gooey, rich and so indulgent, this decadent cake is the perfect dessert for sharing with your sweetie. Ask to get a personalized message written right on top.
- Alliance Bakery’s Valentine’s-shaped treats: Seeing as how Valentine’s Day is one of this bakery’s favorite holidays, we just couldn’t narrow it down from the massive selection of heart-themed cakes, cookies, macarons and chocolate-dipped strawberries. Better yet -- get one of each so you don’t have to narrow it down.
- Red Velvet Cakeballs from Bleeding Heart Bakery : The bakery’s homemade red velvet cake is rolled in creamy white chocolate and cake crumbs, creating bite-sized, delectable treats perfect for feeding one another.